Craft Fair Rules for 2020
- All craftwork must be the original work of the displaying craftsperson. No proxy exhibitors, dealers or agents are permitted.
- Applications must be accompanied by (4) photos of your work including your display. You are welcome to email these photos to: email@example.com You will be emailed regarding your acceptance, your payment will be returned in full if you are not accepted.
- A crafter may not exhibit in any other craft show on the same dates as the Montauk show.
- The work of only one crafter may be displayed in each assigned space, with the exception of craft collaborators.
- Craft collaborators that produce a single product may qualify as a single exhibitor; however, such a team may not consist of more than two (2) people and the team must be clearly noted on the application. Both artists must be present throughout the show. No work by apprentices or employees will be accepted.
- Buy / sell vendors are prohibited. ALL BUY SELL PRODUCTS ARE PROHIBITED.
- CRAFTERS may exhibit THEIR CRAFT only in the category in which they are accepted.
- Craftwork will not be permitted if it is created from molds, kits or other commercial methods.
- The Event Director reserves the right to remove any questionable, non-approved artwork from the show.
- All developing and printing of images must be done by the craft person or under the direct supervision of the crafter.
- The booth areas must look professional at all times.
- TAX FORMS: The Certificate of Authority – DTF – 17 is required by the State of New York and may be ordered by calling 1 800 462 8100 or from tax.state.ny.us
- We ask that you do not add sandwich boards or additional displays outside of your tent space. This is for the safety of all patrons
AT THE EVENT
- The crafter must be present all days of the event.
- Exhibitors must be set up by 9:30 am on show days. All vehicles must be off the grounds by 9:30 AM and moved to the West Lot. NO vehicles are allowed back on the grounds until the end of shop for each day. STRICTLY ENFORCED. (Exhibitors may set up on Friday. A map with space assignments will be on porch of the Second House. NO SPACES MAY BE CHANGED. The Craft Show Committee will be on site Saturday morning.)
- Booth numbers are displayed in the center of your space which is approx. 10’ x 10’. Space requests are given every consideration, HOWEVER final assignments are made at the discretion of the Craft Fair Committee.
- All crafters are required to check in at the Table on the porch of the Second House Museum with a photo I.D. Parking for participants is on the grassy area west of the Museum, campers to the right of the Indian Museum behind the barn. Please NO PARKING on Montauk Highway, we are reserving those for your customers. Parking is free; Camping is available at the unbelievable price of $25.00 per night. Observe all town parking signs. Montauk Historical Society is NOT responsible for tickets issued by Town police.
- The show hours are, Saturday 10 AM – 6 PM and Sunday 10 AM – 5 PM. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO STAY THE ENTIRE TIME. ON SUNDAY BREAKDOWN BEGINS AT 5:00 PM. WE ARE OPEN UNTIL 5:00 PM!!!
- No animals are allowed in or around the crafters’ booths.
- Artists must maintain the booth for the entire event. If items sell out, the artists can maintain the booth with one or more of the following: displaying portfolio pictures and/ or showroom Samples, or by retaining sold work for delivery after the event.
- ANY CRAFTPERSONS CLOSING THEIR BOOTH PRIOR TO THE END OF THE SHOW (OTHER THAN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION) WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO RETURN THE NEXT DAY OR IN SUBSEQUENT YEARS.
- Exhibitors should be prepared with plastic covers and secure tent weights. This is an outdoor show. There will be no cancellation of show due to weather. Refunds will not be given for any reason.
REPRODUCTION POLICY AND CRAFT STATEMENT
- All unframed reproductions must be in a print bin.
- Crafters must keep their craftwork and storage within their allotted space.
- No laser prints or color photocopies will be permitted.
- No posters, T-shirts, calendars, cards/postcards or other personal merchandise that is a mass reproduction of an original piece of artwork will be permitted in exhibitor booths.
The Montauk Historical Society retains the right to prohibit any craftsperson from exhibiting any of his/her work at its absolute discretion. And that the exhibitor agrees that he/she has read ALL the instructions and that he/she is solely responsible and liable for his/her work, person and property at all times and will NOT hold the Montauk Historical Society or any of its workers responsible for any losses or damages to property or injury to person.